The Diary of a Commuter

Thursday 10 May 2007

Technicolor Yawn

Today was a landmark day in projectile vomiting. It’s not just the volume, girth and sheer distance we’re talking about here either. It’s the fact that Jess (our 0 year old) did it straight over my face and chest in the middle of the estate agents during a meeting with our mortgage advisor. I found the funny side, half an hour after everybody else in the room. The trouble is, when you take a baby out with you during the day, you have a 2 hour window of opportunity to achieve your task, before it’s time for one of any number of squidgy events. In this instance I had to feed her during the meeting leaving Mummy to deal with the mortgage advisor, which suited me. There I was, proudly the responsible father, feeding and winding my princess on one of their posh leather sofas, when I get it straight between the eyes once again.

2 comments:

dulwichmum said...

Poor you! If it is combined with screaming - don't be afraid to suggest reflux to the GP. My baby suffered for months, we thought she was not dissimilar to a character from The Exorcist!

Tunbridge Wells Dad said...

Hi DM, much appreciated advice - although we don't think it's anything more serious than common or garden spewing. Incedentally her godmother recently experienced a similar fate. How we rocked with silent laughter.